At James we want to bring the best of data science to every risk department by creating the first Credit Risk AI.
We are looking for a mid to senior backend developer to join our product team. You will become part of a company that's constantly pushing technological and business boundaries, which creates both added value to the market and internal learning opportunities.
In this setup, your day-to-day will consist of closely working with four other engineers to develop new product features and microservices to satisfy our increasing client base's needs. The team's toolkit is highly based on Flask, Django, and ElasticSearch, but you'll also have the opportunity to work with some of our clients' technological stacks.
As a software engineer you will:
- Design and implement new microservices;
- Maintain and improve the existing micro-services;
- Find solutions to integrate our systems with our clients’ systems;
- Participate in the team’s continuous feedback loops by helping with code reviews and pull requests.
If you want to help us shape the future of James, we’re looking for you.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Test Driven Development;
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) servers;
- Knowledge of HTTP/REST API design.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a backend or full-stack engineer;
- Experience with Python 3;
- Experience with Flask and/or Django development;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum;
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc).
- Health insurance;
- Company laptop of your choice;
- Flexible work schedule and vacation policy;
- Continuous Learning Budget;
- Friday Happy Hour;